BlackLight 2012 R4.1
BlackBag Technologies released BlackLight 2012 R4.1 at the end of last year to fine-tune the last major BlackLight release of 2012 (R.4).
BlackLight is a multi-platform forensic analysis tool that allows examiners to quickly and intuitively analyze digital forensic media. BlackLight’s core strength is Mac OS X and iOS(iPhone and iPad) data analysis. Examiners may use BlackLight as a time-saving data triage tool, or as an advanced forensic examination tool depending on circumstance.
New features include:
- Skype Analysis - View Skype chat and voice communications. Sort evidence by Skype account name, participant, and other key application artifacts.
- Side-by-side Evidence Analysis - Open multiple BlackLight window instances to simultaneously analyze and compare related evidence.
- Consolidated Search and File Filter Tool - Pinpoint important evidence by applying advanced file filters to keyword searches.
- Virtual Machine Support - VMware® virtual machine recognition and data processing.
- Time Machine Support - Seamless Time Machine (Time Capsule) data import and hard link resolution.
- Secure USB Key Authorization - Zero-storage USB license key option to meet high-security environment needs.
- iOS 6 and Mountain Lion Compatibility - Comprehensive iOS 6 and OS 10.8.2 Mountain Lion support and platform integration.
For more information, visit www.blackbagtech.com.