BlackBag Technologies, Inc., developer of forensics software, training, and eDiscovery solutions, announces the availability of BlackLight 2012 R2, a comprehensive iPhone, iPad, and Mac OS X forensic analysis tool. This latest release offers significant new data identification and recovery features and elegant graphical representations of user-specific profiles and data usage behaviors.
New features include:
- Automated iOS Backup Folder Recovery - Easily identify, import, and process iOS backup data from OS X devices.
- Graphics-based Analytics - Quickly gather user-specific device usage and communications behaviors via a consolidated, graphically enhanced ‘Details’ view.
- Custom Template Import and Export - Create and share standardized agency templates with preconfigured search criteria, file filters, evidence tags, and report elements.
- Video Frame Analysis - Triage multiple video files displayed as 4x4 frame sequences to quickly separate contraband from benign media.
- Network-based (LAN) License Authorization - Dynamic multi-seat licensing for large organizations and agencies.
- Complimentary Online Product Training - Access and review convenient online eLearning modules to jumpstart the software learning process and immediately tackle Mac and iOS casework.
“We are very excited about this latest software release, as BlackLight’s interface redesign and new functionality brings our customers closer to the data faster than ever before,” said Derrick Donnelly, Chief Technology Officer. “Our graphics-based data analytics, identification, and reporting features help examiners rapidly triage and understand data on users’ devices; something that is paramount to the success of any investigation."
All BlackLight 2012 R2 license holders now receive complimentary online product training that may be conveniently accessed and reviewed for reference at any time.
“Our goal has always been to educate examiners and investigators in the field of Mac and iOS Forensics and not to simply teach them about software they purchased,” said Ryan Chapin, VP of Forensics and Training. “Forensics software should be intuitive and require nominal instruction so an examiner can concentrate on the examination without worrying about the tools. The new online eLearning bundled with each BlackLight license supports this goal, as it brings examiners quickly up to speed so they can immediately begin processing their Mac and iOS casework."
BlackLight was developed by Mac and iOS forensic analysts as a comprehensive forensics software tool to help investigators conduct digital forensic examinations on Mac OS X computers and iPhone and iPad devices. BlackLight is designed with both novice and advanced users in mind, and features a clean interface, easy navigation, and powerful advanced options. The BlackLight graphical user interface (GUI) was specifically designed to provide forensic examiners with robust capabilities and an intuitive and elegant user experience throughout all phases of a digital forensic investigation.
For more information, visit www.blackbagtech.com.